ORNA ROSS INTERVIEW (1 OF 3)
Novelist Orna Ross is the author of A Dance In Time and Lovers’ Hollow, big family murder mysteries full of emotional twists and surprises. Now living in London, Orna spent her youth and most of her adult life in Dublin, working as a freelance journalist and teaching creativity and creative writing. She also writes, speaks and blogs about Creative Intelligence, a concept that emerged out of her work.
Click here to read Orna’s biography.
Click here to read a synopsis of A Dance In Time.
Click here to read the first chapter of A Dance In Time.
Click here to read a synopsis of Lovers’ Hollow.
Click here to read the first chapter of Lovers’ Hollow.
ORNA ROSS INTERVIEW (2 OF 3)
ORNA ROSS INTERVIEW (3 OF 3)
SEVEN CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CREATIVELY INTELLIGENT
By Orna Rosss
Creative intelligence engages attention with intention, in order to more consciously create your experience of the emerging moment. Here are seven questions for you to ask yourself about your own creative characteristics:
1) Creatively intelligent people welcome challenges. ‘Every problem is an opportunity in disguise’: rate your agreement with this statement on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being ‘I strongly agree’ and 10 being ‘I strongly disagree’. (yes every problem). What does this tell you about you?
2) Creatively intelligent people allow time to think creatively. What would you do if you’d all the time in the world?
3) Creatively intelligent people take risks from a place of safety. Are your safety settings hemming you in? How?
4) Creatively intelligent people tolerate ambiguity. Could you replace the word ‘but’ in your sentences with ‘and’? What happens if you make every single ‘but’ an ‘and’?
5) Creative intelligent people allow mistakes. Welcome them, actually (see # 2 above). Think back to a mistake you made that made you cringe—what happens if you don’t label it a mistake? If you think of yourself welcoming it?
6) Creatively intelligent people accept the obstacles. If it was easy, anyone could do/make/have it. When it gets challenging, or tricky, or demanding, how do/will you respond? (Hint: # 1, #3 & # 5 help here.)
7) Creatively intelligent people question assumptions: What ABCDEs do you hold? How do they stand between you and the following a) Making more money? b) Pursuing an artistic goal? c) Making more love? d) Having more fun?
You’ll only get something from these questions if you answer them—as opposed to just reading them.
Click here to view all my posts about dealing courageously with cancer.
ABOUT PHIL BOLSTA
Phil is the author of Through God’s Eyes: Finding Peace and Purpose in a Troubled World, a comprehensive guide to living a spiritual life. Who will benefit from reading it?
Anyone who is on a spiritual path, or wants to start one
Anyone who loves life, or wants to learn how to
Anyone who is happy, or wants to be happier
Here is a two-minute video introduction to Through God’s Eyes.
• an overview of the book
• the complete table of contents
• the Foreword by Caroline Myss
• my Introduction
• chapter excerpts
• a sample end-of-chapter story
• endorsements from authors and thought leaders
Just click on the link below to download your free PDF sampler!
THROUGH GOD’S EYES PDF SAMPLER
Schedule a Mastery Mentoring phone session with Phil to learn how to apply principles of spiritual living more effortlessly and effectively. Priced affordably! Click here to e-mail Phil for details.
Phil is also the author of Sixty Seconds: One Moment Changes Everything, a collection of 45 inspiring, life-changing stories from prominent people he interviewed, including Joan Borysenko, Deepak Chopra, geneticist Dr. Francis Collins, acclaimed sportswriter Frank Deford, Dr. Larry Dossey, Wayne Dyer, Dan Millman, Caroline Myss, Dr. Christiane Northrup, Dr. Dean Ornish, Dr. Rachel Naomi Remen, Dr. Bernie Siegel, James Van Praagh, singer Billy Vera, Doreen Virtue, Neale Donald Walsch, and bassist Victor Wooten.
Reading this book is like spending a few minutes face to face with each of the contributors and listening to their personal stories. Click here to read unsolicited testimonials from readers. Learn more by visiting the official Sixty Seconds website.
Sixty Seconds was one of three finalists in the General Interest/How-To category at the 12th annual Visionary Awards presented by COVR (Coalition of Visionary Resources) in Denver on June 27, 2009.