Do you feel like you’re adrift in life with no clear aim or purpose? Writing a Mission Statement can help you clarify your values and define your vision for what you want your life to look like.
Do you feel confident that your life is on track and you’re where you need to be, doing what you need to be doing? A Mission Statement can strengthen your resolve and serve as a daily reminder to stay on course.
I’m not talking about a generic one-sentence Mission Statement that can apply to two-thirds of the people on earth. I recommend a three-pronged Mission Statement that details who you are, why you’re here, and what you can do every day to ensure that you live your very best life.
Once you draft your three-part Mission Statement, treat it as a living document. Keep it fresh by revising it as needed, deleting items that no longer resonate and adding items that strike a chord. Keep your Mission Statement posted where you can see it, perhaps in the front of your planner, on the wall near your desk, or on your bathroom mirror. The more often you see it and repeat it, the deeper it sinks into your consciousness.
Here’s a sample Mission Statement to get you started. Have at it!
MY MISSION STATEMENT
WHO I AM
• I am unconditionally loving and kind.
• I am a wonderful friend to all who cross my path.
• I am eternally youthful.
• I am the world’s best husband.
• I am the world’s best dad.
• I am a lifetime learner.
• I am a disciplined high achiever.
WHY I AM HERE
• To encourage and inspire others to live a more positive, loving life.
• To help people heal in deep and meaningful ways.
• To create a legacy of love that will inspire future generations.
EVERY DAY I STRIVE
• To live in constant attunement with God.
• To maintain a heightened appreciation of all the many blessings in my life.
• To be a source of love, hope and healing energy to every soul I encounter.
• To maintain paradise health through enlightened self-care.
• To love and care for my beloved wife.
• To create and nurture mutually beneficial, emotionally intimate relationships.
ABOUT PHIL BOLSTA
Phil is the author of Through God’s Eyes: Finding Peace and Purpose in a Troubled World, a comprehensive guide to living a spiritual life. Who will benefit from reading it?
Anyone who is on a spiritual path, or wants to start one
Anyone who loves life, or wants to learn how to
Anyone who is happy, or wants to be happier
Here is a two-minute video introduction to Through God’s Eyes.
• an overview of the book
• the complete table of contents
• the Foreword by Caroline Myss
• my Introduction
• chapter excerpts
• a sample end-of-chapter story
• endorsements from authors and thought leaders
Just click on the link below to download your free PDF sampler!
THROUGH GOD’S EYES PDF SAMPLER
Schedule a Mastery Mentoring phone session with Phil to learn how to apply principles of spiritual living more effortlessly and effectively. Priced affordably! Click here to e-mail Phil for details.
Phil is also the author of Sixty Seconds: One Moment Changes Everything, a collection of 45 inspiring, life-changing stories from prominent people he interviewed, including Joan Borysenko, Deepak Chopra, geneticist Dr. Francis Collins, acclaimed sportswriter Frank Deford, Dr. Larry Dossey, Wayne Dyer, Dan Millman, Caroline Myss, Dr. Christiane Northrup, Dr. Dean Ornish, Dr. Rachel Naomi Remen, Dr. Bernie Siegel, James Van Praagh, singer Billy Vera, Doreen Virtue, Neale Donald Walsch, and bassist Victor Wooten.
Reading this book is like spending a few minutes face to face with each of the contributors and listening to their personal stories. Click here to read unsolicited testimonials from readers. Learn more by visiting the official Sixty Seconds website.
Sixty Seconds was one of three finalists in the General Interest/How-To category at the 12th annual Visionary Awards presented by COVR (Coalition of Visionary Resources) in Denver on June 27, 2009.
Tags: mission statement