I love this quote by Paramahansa Yogananda. it says so much in just a few words.
When you realize that life is a joyous battle of duty and at the same time a passing dream, and when you become filled with the joy of making others happy by giving them kindness and peace, in God’s eyes your life is a success.
In the first line alone, Yogananda affirms that:
• Life is a struggle
• We are here for a purpose
• Joy can be found in every moment
• This reality is not the ultimate Reality
• Ultimately, we will look back at this existence as a dream, just as we awaken every morning and look back with amusement or relief at the dreams that seemed so real in our sleeping hours
In the next line, he affirms that:
• We will find meaning and purpose through service
• Lasting joy is available through serving others, not through serving our own desires
• Kindness is always an option
• We are all ambassadors of divine love
In the last eight words, he affirms that:
• Ultimately, everything we do is for God
• We must live to please God instead of seeking to please our own ego
• We will be successful regardless of whether we achieve career and financial goals, as long as we stay true to ourselves and our ideals
• Ultimately, success is determined by the quality of our relationships—with friends and family, with colleagues, with ourselves, with God, with the world at large, and, through our words and deeds, even with people we will never personally meet
Wow. That’s packing an awful lot of wisdom into just one sentence!
Click here to view all my posts about Paramahansa Yogananda and Self-Realization Fellowship.
ABOUT PHIL BOLSTA
Phil is the author of Through God’s Eyes: Finding Peace and Purpose in a Troubled World, a comprehensive guide to living a spiritual life. Who will benefit from reading it?
Anyone who is on a spiritual path, or wants to start one
Anyone who loves life, or wants to learn how to
Anyone who is happy, or wants to be happier
Here is a two-minute video introduction to Through God’s Eyes.
• an overview of the book
• the complete table of contents
• the Foreword by Caroline Myss
• my Introduction
• chapter excerpts
• a sample end-of-chapter story
• endorsements from authors and thought leaders
Just click on the link below to download your free PDF sampler!
THROUGH GOD’S EYES PDF SAMPLER
Schedule a Mastery Mentoring phone session with Phil to learn how to apply principles of spiritual living more effortlessly and effectively. Priced affordably! Click here to e-mail Phil for details.
Phil is also the author of Sixty Seconds: One Moment Changes Everything, a collection of 45 inspiring, life-changing stories from prominent people he interviewed, including Joan Borysenko, Deepak Chopra, geneticist Dr. Francis Collins, acclaimed sportswriter Frank Deford, Dr. Larry Dossey, Wayne Dyer, Dan Millman, Caroline Myss, Dr. Christiane Northrup, Dr. Dean Ornish, Dr. Rachel Naomi Remen, Dr. Bernie Siegel, James Van Praagh, singer Billy Vera, Doreen Virtue, Neale Donald Walsch, and bassist Victor Wooten.
Reading this book is like spending a few minutes face to face with each of the contributors and listening to their personal stories. Click here to read unsolicited testimonials from readers. Learn more by visiting the official Sixty Seconds website.
Sixty Seconds was one of three finalists in the General Interest/How-To category at the 12th annual Visionary Awards presented by COVR (Coalition of Visionary Resources) in Denver on June 27, 2009.