At a life-changing seminar with Dr. Ibrahim Jaffe ten years ago, I was taught the Awareness Release Technique (ART), a powerful method to achieve deep and lasting healing. While ART may be used for both physical and emotional issues, for the purpose of this article, I’m focusing on the healing of emotional wounds.
The premise behind ART is that there is a core energy behind every emotional issue. By identifying and expelling this energy, the issue goes with it.
While the effects of an ART session can be long-lasting, if the subject reverts back to the lifestyle pattern that created the issue in the first place, the negative energy associated with it will most likely return and once again take up residence.
I’ve used ART on many friends with great results. One night, a friend came to my house in a rage. She was infuriated with both her mother and her boss. She was spewing venom and spitting nails. In twenty minutes, thanks to ART, she was blissed out with a goofy smile on her face.
I have witnessed many such transformations after just one ART session. Agitation is often replaced by a sense of inner peace and serenity that subjects had previously thought was unattainable. By inviting God into the process, the place inside of them where the negative energy had resided is instead filled with divine light and love.
The beauty of ART is its simplicity and ease of use. You can immediately make it your own and use it as often as you’d like. Here are the basic steps:
AWARENESS RELEASE TECHNIQUE
1) Select the issue you want to address. Perhaps you need to forgive someone. Or let go of a former romantic partner. Or move through the grieving process.
2) Get centered. Close your eyes, breathe deeply and align yourself with your inner guidance. Take at least a few minutes to get calm and peaceful. If you’d like, invite your higher power to guide you throughout the process.
3) Allow the emotion of the issue to wash over you. Then let it rise up from within and consume you. Feel it as intensely as you ever have.
4) Call on your awareness to scan your body and identify exactly where the energy of this issue is located. Typically, you will find it in your abdomen, heart or throat area.
5) Ask yourself this series of questions:
• How large is this energy mass—does it fill up an entire area in your body or just a small portion?
• What shape is it—circular, rectangular, tube-like, blob?
• Pinpoint its location—where is it in relation to the center of your body?
• Is it stable and unmovable? Is it shifting or pulsating?
• What color is it?
• What is its texture—hard like steel, soft and malleable, dense, squishy, pulsating?
• Is it hot or cold to the touch?
• Are there any sounds or words associated with it?
6) Once you have complete clarity about what it looks and feels like, ask it to speak to you, to tell you why it’s there.
7) Speak to it. Tell it how its presence makes you feel and why you want to remove it from your body and your life.
8) Now it’s time to expel it. In your mind’s eye, conjure up a way to move this energy out of your body. For instance, plunge the area around the energy mass into sub-zero temperatures so that the mass is instantly frozen. Take a sledgehammer and smash it into a million pieces. Use a powerful vacuum hose to suck all the shards out. Finish up by using a pressurized hose to flush out any remaining particles.
9) When the energy is completely gone, fill the space it had occupied inside you with divine light and unconditional love, and express gratitude to your higher power. Sit in this energy until you feel peaceful and loving. Stay in this energy as long as you’d like.
That’s it, you’re done. Peace be with you.
Click here to view all my posts about Ibrahim Jaffe.
ABOUT PHIL BOLSTA
Through God’s Eyes: Finding Peace and Purpose in a Troubled World, is a road map for living a more peaceful, beautiful life. It’s the one book that explains how dozens of spiritual principles interact, how to weave them together into a cohesive worldview, and how to practically apply this spiritual wisdom to daily life.
Who will benefit from reading Through God’s Eyes?
Anyone who is on a spiritual path, or wants to start one.
Anyone who loves life, or wants to learn how to.
Anyone who is happy, or wants to be happier.
Click on the link below to download a FREE 28-page chapter!
SEE EVERY MOMENT AS A GIFT
Click here to visit the Through God’s Eyes website.
Click here to ask Phil to add you to his e-mail list for updates on his blog and books.
Here is a two-minute video introduction to Through God’s Eyes.
• an overview of the book
• the complete table of contents
• the Foreword by Caroline Myss
• my Introduction
• chapter excerpts
• a sample end-of-chapter story
• endorsements from authors and thought leaders
Just click on the link below to download your free PDF sampler!
THROUGH GOD’S EYES PDF SAMPLER
Schedule a Mastery Mentoring phone session with Phil to learn how to apply principles of spiritual living more effortlessly and effectively. Priced affordably! Click here to e-mail Phil for details.
Phil’s eBook, The Logic of Living a Spiritual Life: Supporting a Life of Faith Through Logic and Reason, is now available for 99 cents.
Order it at GodIsLogical.com.
In this eBook, you’ll find answers to questions like:
• What is the cornerstone of a spiritual life, and why?
• What is the secret to liberating yourself from other people’s judgments and expectations?
• How do you reconcile the “free will vs. Divine Will” conundrum?
• Why is there an exception to “Everything happens for a reason”?
Those who worship logic instead of God are only half right. Not only is it logical to believe in God and to live a faith-based life, the existence of a loving, benevolent God that governs all creation is perhaps the only systematic worldview that explains every aspect of life.
Phil is also the author of Sixty Seconds: One Moment Changes Everything, a collection of 45 inspiring, life-changing stories from prominent authors and thought leaders he interviewed. The roster of storytellers includes Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Neale Donald Walsch, Caroline Myss, Larry Dossey, Rachel Naomi Remen, Bernie Siegel, Dean Ornish, and Christiane Northrup. Sixty Seconds has been translated into four languages: Italian, German, Spanish, and Portuguese. Reading this book is like spending a few minutes face to face with each of the contributors and listening to their personal stories.
Click here to order Sixty Seconds.
Click here to read unsolicited testimonials from readers.
Learn more by visiting the official Sixty Seconds website.
Here is a three-minute video introduction to Sixty Seconds.