ORNA ROSS INTERVIEW (1 OF 3)
Novelist Orna Ross is the author of A Dance In Time and Lovers’ Hollow, big family murder mysteries full of emotional twists and surprises. Now living in London, Orna spent her youth and most of her adult life in Dublin, working as a freelance journalist and teaching creativity and creative writing. She also writes, speaks and blogs about Creative Intelligence, a concept that emerged out of her work.
Click here to read Orna’s biography.
Click here to read a synopsis of A Dance In Time.
Click here to read the first chapter of A Dance In Time.
Click here to read a synopsis of Lovers’ Hollow.
Click here to read the first chapter of Lovers’ Hollow.
ORNA ROSS INTERVIEW (2 OF 3)
ORNA ROSS INTERVIEW (3 OF 3)
SEVEN CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CREATIVELY INTELLIGENT
By Orna Rosss
Creative intelligence engages attention with intention, in order to more consciously create your experience of the emerging moment. Here are seven questions for you to ask yourself about your own creative characteristics:
1) Creatively intelligent people welcome challenges. ‘Every problem is an opportunity in disguise’: rate your agreement with this statement on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being ‘I strongly agree’ and 10 being ‘I strongly disagree’. (yes every problem). What does this tell you about you?
2) Creatively intelligent people allow time to think creatively. What would you do if you’d all the time in the world?
3) Creatively intelligent people take risks from a place of safety. Are your safety settings hemming you in? How?
4) Creatively intelligent people tolerate ambiguity. Could you replace the word ‘but’ in your sentences with ‘and’? What happens if you make every single ‘but’ an ‘and’?
5) Creative intelligent people allow mistakes. Welcome them, actually (see # 2 above). Think back to a mistake you made that made you cringe—what happens if you don’t label it a mistake? If you think of yourself welcoming it?
6) Creatively intelligent people accept the obstacles. If it was easy, anyone could do/make/have it. When it gets challenging, or tricky, or demanding, how do/will you respond? (Hint: # 1, #3 & # 5 help here.)
7) Creatively intelligent people question assumptions: What ABCDEs do you hold? How do they stand between you and the following a) Making more money? b) Pursuing an artistic goal? c) Making more love? d) Having more fun?
You’ll only get something from these questions if you answer them—as opposed to just reading them.
Click here to view all my posts about dealing courageously with cancer.
Click here to see all the video and audio interviews I’ve conducted.
ABOUT PHIL BOLSTA
If you feel more stressed than blessed . . . if you have more confusion than clarity about how to live your beliefs . . . if you long to live a richer, happier, more meaningful life . . . you will find a wealth of insight and guidance in Through God’s Eyes: Finding Peace and Purpose in a Troubled World.
Through God’s Eyes is a road map for living a more peaceful, beautiful life. It’s the only book that explains how dozens of spiritual principles interact, how to weave them together into a cohesive worldview, and how to practically apply this spiritual wisdom to daily life.
Readers everywhere are discovering that when you challenge yourself to look through God’s eyes, the world around you changes, and so do you.
Who will benefit from reading Through God’s Eyes?
Anyone who is on a spiritual path, or wants to be.
Anyone who loves life, or wants to learn how to.
Anyone who is happy, or wants to be happier.
Click here to visit the Through God’s Eyes website.
Click on the link below to download a FREE 28-page chapter!
SEE EVERY MOMENT AS A GIFT
Click here to read endorsements from authors and thought leaders.
Click here to read unsolicited testimonials from readers.
Click here to ask Phil to add you to his e-mail list for updates on his blog and books.
Here is a two-minute video introduction to Through God’s Eyes.
• an overview of the book
• the complete table of contents
• the Foreword by Caroline Myss
• my Introduction
• chapter excerpts
• a sample end-of-chapter story
• endorsements from authors and thought leaders
Just click on the link below to download your free PDF sampler!
THROUGH GOD’S EYES PDF SAMPLER
Schedule a Mastery Mentoring phone session with Phil to learn how to apply principles of spiritual living more effortlessly and effectively. Priced affordably! Click here to e-mail Phil for details.
Phil’s eBook, The Logic of Living a Spiritual Life: Supporting a Life of Faith Through Logic and Reason, is now available for 99 cents.
Order it at GodIsLogical.com.
In this eBook, you’ll find answers to questions like:
• What is the cornerstone of a spiritual life, and why?
• What is the secret to liberating yourself from other people’s judgments and expectations?
• How do you reconcile the “free will vs. Divine Will” conundrum?
• Why is there an exception to “Everything happens for a reason”?
Those who worship logic instead of God are only half right. Not only is it logical to believe in God and to live a faith-based life, the existence of a loving, benevolent God that governs all creation is perhaps the only systematic worldview that explains every aspect of life.
Phil is also the author of Sixty Seconds: One Moment Changes Everything, a collection of 45 inspiring, life-changing stories from prominent authors and thought leaders he interviewed. The roster of storytellers includes Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Neale Donald Walsch, Caroline Myss, Larry Dossey, Rachel Naomi Remen, Bernie Siegel, Dean Ornish, and Christiane Northrup. Sixty Seconds has been translated into four languages: Italian, German, Spanish, and Portuguese. Reading this book is like spending a few minutes face to face with each of the contributors and listening to their personal stories.
Click here to order Sixty Seconds.
Learn more by visiting the official Sixty Seconds website.
Click here to read unsolicited testimonials from readers.
Here is a three-minute video introduction to Sixty Seconds.