Pretty much everybody wants to be in better shape and feel more vibrant. The Discipline Diet is an effective way to move you closer to those goals. It has less to do with what you eat than when and how much you eat. Simply put, if you eat a little less often, and a little less whenever you do eat, you’ll sleep better, feel more rested and enjoy greater mental clarity.
Here’s why the Discipline Diet works: Digestion requires more of your body’s energy—about thirty percent—than any other bodily process. By minimizing digestion, your body can use that energy to detoxify, heal and repair.
Yes, eating this way requires discipline. No worries. You don’t have to be perfect. Even if you can put these principles into action 50 percent of the time, you’ll be well on your way to looking and feeling better. And remember:
We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.
Let’s get started! Here are the three simple guidelines of the Discipline Diet:
• Wait as long as you can before eating your first meal of the day. When you get hungry, drink more water and stay occupied and focused. When it’s essential that you eat, consume about two-thirds of what you previously would have eaten, just enough to take the edge off your hunger. In other words, walk away a little hungry and let things settle. Repeat this process, if necessary, until your evening meal. The more consciously you eat—slowing down, taking smaller bites and chewing thoroughly—the easier it will be for you to accomplish this.
HINT: For optimal results, choose between fruit, steamed vegetables, salad, nuts and whole grains until your evening meal.
• At your evening meal, eat until you feel 80 percent full. How will you know when you’ve reached that point? At the first sign that you feel the slightest bit filled, stop eating. If you get hungry again before bed, have a light snack, preferably fruit, steamed vegetables or salad.
HINT: For optimal results, avoid red meat, dairy, refined sugar, refined carbs and processed foods.
• Occasionally, on a day when you wake up not particularly hungry, have nothing but water for as long as you can go, hopefully until at least mid-afternoon. Your body will thank you (by providing you with greater mental clarity and vibrancy) for giving it the opportunity to rest.
Of course, the way you eat is just one small piece of the wellness puzzle. Click here to learn how the PLJ Plan can transform the quality of your daily life.
ABOUT PHIL BOLSTA
If you feel more stressed than blessed . . . if you have more confusion than clarity about how to live your beliefs . . . if you long to live a richer, happier, more meaningful life . . . you will find a wealth of insight and guidance in Through God’s Eyes: Finding Peace and Purpose in a Troubled World.
Through God’s Eyes is a road map for living a more peaceful, beautiful life. It’s the only book that explains how dozens of spiritual principles interact, how to weave them together into a cohesive worldview, and how to practically apply this spiritual wisdom to daily life.
Readers everywhere are discovering that when you challenge yourself to look through God’s eyes, the world around you changes, and so do you.
Who will benefit from reading Through God’s Eyes?
Anyone who is on a spiritual path, or wants to be.
Anyone who loves life, or wants to learn how to.
Anyone who is happy, or wants to be happier.
Click here to visit the Through God’s Eyes website.
Click on the link below to download a FREE 28-page chapter!
SEE EVERY MOMENT AS A GIFT
Click here to read endorsements from authors and thought leaders.
Click here to read unsolicited testimonials from readers.
Click here to ask Phil to add you to his e-mail list for updates on his blog and books.
Here is a two-minute video introduction to Through God’s Eyes.
• an overview of the book
• the complete table of contents
• the Foreword by Caroline Myss
• my Introduction
• chapter excerpts
• a sample end-of-chapter story
• endorsements from authors and thought leaders
Just click on the link below to download your free PDF sampler!
THROUGH GOD’S EYES PDF SAMPLER
Schedule a Mastery Mentoring phone session with Phil to learn how to apply principles of spiritual living more effortlessly and effectively. Priced affordably! Click here to e-mail Phil for details.
Phil’s eBook, The Logic of Living a Spiritual Life: Supporting a Life of Faith Through Logic and Reason, is now available for 99 cents.
Order it at GodIsLogical.com.
In this eBook, you’ll find answers to questions like:
• What is the cornerstone of a spiritual life, and why?
• What is the secret to liberating yourself from other people’s judgments and expectations?
• How do you reconcile the “free will vs. Divine Will” conundrum?
• Why is there an exception to “Everything happens for a reason”?
Those who worship logic instead of God are only half right. Not only is it logical to believe in God and to live a faith-based life, the existence of a loving, benevolent God that governs all creation is perhaps the only systematic worldview that explains every aspect of life.
Phil is also the author of Sixty Seconds: One Moment Changes Everything, a collection of 45 inspiring, life-changing stories from prominent authors and thought leaders he interviewed. The roster of storytellers includes Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Neale Donald Walsch, Caroline Myss, Larry Dossey, Rachel Naomi Remen, Bernie Siegel, Dean Ornish, and Christiane Northrup. Sixty Seconds has been translated into four languages: Italian, German, Spanish, and Portuguese. Reading this book is like spending a few minutes face to face with each of the contributors and listening to their personal stories.
Click here to order Sixty Seconds.
Learn more by visiting the official Sixty Seconds website.
Click here to read unsolicited testimonials from readers.
Here is a three-minute video introduction to Sixty Seconds.